Certificates & Accreditations
C. Steinweg Handelsveem B.V. is a highly qualified and certified organisation. Internal procedures are set up in accordance with the quality standards of ISO 9001:2000.
Health and safety are very important issues for us. The working conditions are controlled by our own VBS (Safety Control System) and regulated according to the Health & Safety Act. Security is maintained in accordance with the regulations of ISPS and C-TPAT.
Our offices in The Netherlands and other countries have been granted "Authorized Economic Operator" (AEO) status.
Our warehouses are approved and recognised as delivery points by the most important and leading exchanges and associations dealing with industrial and agricultural commodities like the LME, LIFFE and the MMTA (in London/UK), ICE/NYBOT, NYMEX/COMEX and the CMAA (in New York/USA), the SMX (in Singapore) and the DMCC and DTTC (in Dubai/UAE). Please also refer to this overview of certified warehouses.
For hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals we follow the Commodity Markets Rules and the legislation related to handling, storage and transportation such as IMO, ADR/RID and ICAO.
For food and food-related products we operate warehouses that are HACCP and BRC approved.
Explanation of abbreviations:
- The London Metal Exchange (LME) is the world's premier non-ferrous metals market. It offers futures and options contracts for aluminium, aluminium alloy, copper, lead, nickel, plastics (PP and LLDPE), steel billets, tin and zinc.
- The London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange (LIFFE) is the leading international derivatives business of the NYSE Euronext Group, where coffee and cocoa are traded.
- The IntercontinentalExchange (ICE/NYBOT) operates regulated global futures exchanges and over-the-counter (OTC) markets for, among others, agricultural derivatives such as coffee and cocoa.
- The Minor Metals Trade Association (MMTA) serves to benefit and promote the interests of its international membership, comprising companies actively involved in all aspects of the international trade of these metals in all their various forms.
- The New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX/COMEX) is a source for closing prices on metals futures and options and is a part of NYMEX in New York.
- The Cocoa Merchants Association of America (CMAA) is a trade organization founded in 1924, and groups as its Regular Members all major importing dealers of cocoa beans and cocoa products.
- The Dubai Multi Commodity Exchange (DMCC) was created to establish a commodity market place in Dubai, and provide industry-specific market infrastructure and a full range of facilities for the gold and precious metals, diamonds and coloured stones, energy and other commodities industries.
- The Dubai Tea Trading Centre (DTTC) is a dedicated facility in Dubai at which international tea producers and merchants can hold stocks of tea that will be readily available to meet the immediate requirements of importers in the Middle East and adjacent regions.
- The International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) main task has been to develop and maintain a comprehensive regulatory framework for shipping and its remit today includes safety, environmental concerns, legal matters, technical co-operation, maritime security and the efficiency of shipping.
- The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is the leading trade association for the UK retail industry.
- HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points and it addresses possible hazards in respect of food safety within a production process.
- ADR is the Accord Européen Relatif au transport des marchandises dangereuses par route (European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods).
- RID is the Règlement Concernant le Transport International Ferroviaire Marchandises Dangereuses (European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by rail).
- ICAO is the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- The Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX) is a pan-Asian multi-product commodity and currency derivatives exchange situated in Singapore. It offers a comprehensive platform for trading a diversified basket of commodities including futures and options contracts on precious metals, base metals, agriculture commodities, energy, currencies and indices.