The company C. Steinweg Romania SRL has signed on 04.05.2023 the Financing Contract for granting non-reimbursable financial assistance from European funds within the framework of POIM 2014-2020, AP 1 OS 1.3 Call for projects for improving navigation conditions and development of port infrastructure and superstructure located on the TEN-T Core network (public and private beneficiaries) for the implementation of the project “Modernization and development of the Port of Constanta South, by creating facilities for operating containers and cargo in the area managed by C. Steinweg Romania SRL”.
The proposed project leads to the achievement of the indicators set by the IMP for OS 1.3, leading to an increase in the quantity of cargo handled in TEN-T seaports.
The major objective of increasing the use of maritime transport infrastructure leads to:
- Realising economies of scale in freight transport, with benefits for all participants in the logistics chain and mainly for the end user/consumer and
- Reduction in the use of road transport and all its negative effects (accidents, CO2 emissions, air pollution, noise pollution).
The investment aims to create the conditions for increased traffic in the Port of Constanta through the development of basic port infrastructure, i.e. the platforms necessary for the further development of the superstructure required for cargo operations.
The investment comprises the following components:
- Construction and development of the port platform with an area of 23,252 sqm, provided with rainwater collection and drainage facilities;
- The construction of water supply, sewerage and electricity connections;
- Facilities for fire prevention and extinguishing in accordance with the legal provisions in force;
- Construction of an office building and other ancillary facilities required by the port operator (C. Steinweg Romania S.R.L.);
- Site enclosure and lighting.
Duration of the project implementation is 04.05.2023 – 31.12.2023.
The total value of the project is 33,851,849.78 lei, of which 26,273,578.33 lei is non-reimbursable financial assistance (85% – 22,332,541.57 lei from the Cohesion Fund and 13% – 3,941,036.75 lei from the State Budget). The project is co-financed from the Cohesion Fund through the Large Infrastructure Operational Programme 2014-2020.
- The contract for the execution of the infrastructure works was signed with the company ALMMA CONTRACTORS GROUP SRL on 25.09.2023, with a value of 25,629,315.76 lei excluding VAT.
- The works are included in the execution schedule and are expected to be completed on 31.12.2023.
- All the support contracts for the implementation of the works in good conditions (site management, technical assistance from the designer, project management) have been signed and are in progress.
- As of 01.11.2023, the physical status of the project is 20 %.