For our warehouse in Baltimore (USA) we are looking for a:
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Shift: 7.30am – 5pm + overtime as needed
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Signing in drivers and handing out correct paperwork to drivers, faxing paperwork to customers, finding paperwork and sending it to the correct location for loading.
- Driver’s log book, photocopy license and identification.
- Will be required to work in the warehouse when the S&R Office is not busy.
- Keeping the S&R Office as well as the lunchroom clean and orderly.
- Taking orders for warehouse supplies.
- You will be required to work outside to count cargo including lumber in bundle, palletized and loose forms, non-ferrous metals in big bag, ingot, cathode, t-bar, billet, sow, plate, sheet both bundled and loose forms, loose, bundled, palletized, crated general cargo, steel in coil, rod, billet, plate, slab and structural forms, bagged ferro alloy commodities, bagged floor loaded and palletized soft commodities.
- Regular working hours are 7:30am-5:00pm or until all work is finished which includes overtime.
- Advanced MSDS Training
- Recognizing PBA, warrant, lot & heat numbers, marking material, grades and color codes, learning the grid system.
- Reading, understanding, and completing tally sheets, work orders, text worksheets, and delivery work orders.
- Understanding building, door, and loading dock locations.
- Understanding sealing and securing requirements of various packaging and cargo.
- Cross training, mentoring, and OJT Procedures, customer service
- Securing truck jack and fifth wheel pin lock.
- Understanding geographic location of various truck scales, the associated paperwork and local directions.
- Collection and receipt of funds for outbound deliveries.
- Completion of day end report of undelivered orders.
- Maintenance of inbound and outbound status boards
- Ordering and maintaining warehouse supplies.
- Administrative reporting as required and daily activity
- Operation of humidity monitoring device.
- Cross training with all shipping and receiving functions.
- Housekeeping and securing of facilities.
- Damage and loss control.
- Basic math and attention to detail and the ability to understand our paperwork.
- Good people skills and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge, ability to operate a fax machine, copy machine and calculator.
- Work Habits
Consistent with the C. Steinweg (USA)’s vision, mission and values as a seamless company with uniform core values, this position will be evaluated on certain non-quantitative measures. These core values include:
- Customer driven focus
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Calculated risk taking
- Energetic approach
- Eager to change
- Look for innovation
- Strive for continuous improvement
All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen and criminal background check.