For our US Head Office in Baltimore (USA) we are looking for a:
Freight Forwarder-Customer Service Logistics Specialist
Reports to: Office Manager, Mary Amoss
Works from the US Head Office in Baltimore, and supports requests from other Steinweg offices worldwide. This position is responsible for servicing assigned customer contracts and relationships, ensuring efficient execution of logistics processes and positively contributing to the C. Steinweg (USA) TEAM. A successful candidate must be a highly motivated professional with a TEAM-player attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the coordination of logistics services to specific customers contracts.
- Supports customer needs and responds to customer requirements with the paramount objective being profitability, sales growth, and organizational efficiency.
- Is in control of the logistics processes from start to finish; including but not limited to import, storage, forwarding, export and customs formalities
- Guides the customers through complex logistics processes via road, rail, water and air.
- Promotes all services offered by C. Steinweg and aggressively pursues ALL opportunities such as new customers, new services, and related market offerings.
- As the owner of profit and loss responsibilities for assigned customers, the position will be responsible for achieving all financial targets on a transactional and customer level.
- A successful candidate must demonstrate the skills, ability and willingness to develop the potential to grow into positions of greater responsibility with C. Steinweg (USA).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to conduct business discussions in English.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Meeting any of the following, while not mandatory, will be considered as advantageous to applicants for this position.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-3 years experience in Customer Service functions.
- Background in logistics including forwarding, customs formalities, FTZ, warehousing, shipping and stevedoring.
- Familiarity with the commodity industry.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multitasking environment
- Ability to work independently, a “self starter”
- Sales, gross profit, gross profit percentage, operating profit: actual versus plan; year-to-year growth for specific assigned customer accounts and geographic areas.
- Customer retention and satisfaction
- This position will also be evaluated on certain non-quantitative measures, such as Customer driven focus, b) Commitment, c) Integrity and d) Teamwork
All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen and criminal background check.