Marcor is planning to expand it’s floating terminal in Rotterdam with the development of a dry bulk terminal at the Steinweg Hartel Terminal. The terminal is currently operated as breakbulk terminal by C. Steinweg – Handelsveem B.V. (Steinweg), our parent company. Marcor targets from the end of 2023, after the redevelopment and construction of state-of-the-art storage facilities, to phase in sustainable and efficient storage and stevedoring operations at the site.
Expanding our business onto shore and offering new solutions to our customers
Marcor already has the ambition for a few years to expand its floating terminal operations through the addition of a dry bulk terminal ashore.
Our planned development at the Steinweg Hartel Terminal aims to provide our current and new customers with amongst others
- The expansion of flexible stevedoring and storage capacity
- Multi-modal connectivity, beyond our current floating operations adding truck and rail connectivity
- Multiple options to handle bulk, whether loose, in jumbo bags or containerized
- The potential to introduce additional value added services
- Facilities suitable for the import, export and transshipment of a wide variety of goods, including agri-bulk, biomass, concentrates, fertilizers, (industrial) minerals and ores
Key details of the development and the Steinweg Hartel Terminal include
- 130,000 SQM terminal
- 600 meter quay with 16 meter draft alongside
- Vessel handling options from barges up to 120.000 DWT baby-cape vessels, both for board-to-board transshipment and discharge to/from terminal
- Existing 28,000 SQM warehouse will be utilized for the storage of bulk (loose/bagged) and value added services
- Construction of covered quay warehouses with fully (± 18) segregated bunkers, directly reachable through a single manipulation crane grab
- Located in the near vicinity of the N15 Highway at the beginning of the 1e Maasvlakte
- Existing double rail track at the terminal, suitable for ± 2 x 225m train combinations
- A sustainable operating model, including electrified shore cranes and conveying equipment, with 11,000 SQM solar panels being already installed
A final investment decision for the development will be made latest end of 2022. The plans for the development of the terminal were made in dialogue with Havenbedrijf Rotterdam and Steinweg.
Interested parties may contact for further information:
Marcor Stevedoring B.V.
Danny Swart – Director
Tel: +31 (0)6 1008 5572